Sunday, April 6, 2008

my hero

There are few people whom I would call genuinely accomplished. I live in a generation of people who are complacent with mediocrity. There is one woman I know who never ceases to amaze me. My great great aunt Adina.

Adina is 100 years old. She was recently married, this is her 4th husband, she has outlived the other three. Last summer she had her drivers license renewed for 5 years with no restrictions.

She goes ballroom dancing twice a week. She goes to the old folks home to dance and entertain them. Many of the people in the home are 20-30 years younger than she.

She always dresses in the brightest colored clothing, with great turquoise jewelry, her hair always in place.

Adina has taught me the importance of being a lady. She has written a book on the topic.

Adina is an amazing woman, and what amazes me most is her great love for her family.

I hope that I take not only her longevity genes, but also her great passion for life.

No comments: