Wednesday, April 16, 2008

textbook woes

As the end of the semester approaches I am becoming increasingly excited for the minute I get to sell back my textbooks and walk away with a large wad of cash.

I spent $350 on textbooks this semester, a record for me. The most upsetting part of this is that I only ended up using 2 of the books, the rest were really unnecessary.

As I go to sell back the books I am braced for that awful moment when they'll tell me my poli-sci class won't be taught again next semester so that textbook is worth nada. Or my personal favorite "a new edition has been realeased so you get nothing!"

As a 'starving college student' money is a precious commodity, and when I am denied money because someone decided to take a new picture for page 256 it upsets me.

This year the Utah legislature voted to get rid of the tax on textbooks, I am extremely grateful for their decision and am excited to save a few buck next semester.

For now I just need to decide what to do with the cash I'll be getting from my textbook sales... let's be honest, it'll probably go with my tax return and be blown on one of the fabulous trips i'm planning to take this summer.

2 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

Textbooks are ridiculous! Hopefully you can sell your book back. I already know of two of my books that aren't being taken back. Grr...

Kate Reeves said...

ugh, I feel your pain. there is always the option to try and sell online, which I might try this year, but it's just so inconvenient.