Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Return to the Simple Life

This weekend was Fall Break! Me, my sister Maren and my cousins Hannah and Mallory loaded up my car and drove to Ashton, Idaho to my Aunt Dede and Uncle Jeff's house. We spent the weekend playing with my cousin Jace (age 7) and my cousin Hilary (age 22) When we were younger Hannah, Hilary and I were very close. So this weekend we decided to remember the good times.

We pulled out all the old toys and games. We looked at the "My Littlest Pet Shop" toys and the "Little Kiddles" that we played with when we were little. And then... we got out the old board games. Who knew I'd still jump when I play "Don't Wake Daddy" and that I'd still not have the patience to figure out the real rules to "The Game of Life". We even tried to remember all of those silly girls camp games.

Saturday morning we got up and drove to where my family goes camping every summer. It was a beautiful Autumn day and the weather was suprisingly warm. We got to sit on my favorite rocks, my mermaid rocks. For as long as I can remember whenever we play in the river I always lounge on these rocks, when I was little I would pretend that I was a mermaid. So here are all the girls sitting on the rocks :)

After a few stressful months of work, school and a very active social life, I was in desperate need of a break. This weekend was perfect. We slept by a woodburning fire place. We ate delicious home cooked meals. We played games, visited with family, remembered old inside jokes and started a few new ones. It was nice just to stop thinking about papers, tests, research, residents and sporting events and just look at the Tetons (the view from Dede and Jeff's house is incredible).

It was a nice reality check of what is really important in life and a reminder to stop every now and then and smell the roses, consider the lillies, and/or fly a kite :D

1 comment:

:: ashley :: said...

you guys look like you had so much fun! jealousy! anyways- we'll see you this weekend!