Monday, October 6, 2008

Top 10 Favorite Movies

My Top 10 FAVORITE Movies:

10- Love Finds Andy Hardy-- Mickey Rooney is hilarious and Judy Garland is such an amazing singer. It's really a charming movie.

9- My Best Friend’s Wedding-- Julia Roberts at her best. The scene in the restaurant where they all sing 'I Say a Little Prayer for You' is simply hysterical.

8- The Mighty Ducks-- All 3 really... those movies are pretty much my childhood, I once watched the 2nd one 7 times in one weekend, I can still quote the entire movie.

7- Breakfast at Tiffany’s-- This movie is classic in every way. Drinking milk out of goblets, window shopping at Tiffany's and of course singing Moon River on the fire escape.

6- To Kill a Mockingbird-- It is one of my favorite books and the movie is really amazing. There is a reason Atticus Finch was the #1 movie hero of all time.

5- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington-- This movie, like the one before it, is a reminder that people are good. That even though corruption is everywhere, people can rise above it. I think this should be required watching for every politician in Washington.

4- Better Off Dead-- "I know it's bacon, but what have you done to it?!" "I want my 2 dollars" "Sorry your mom blew up ricky." Seriously one of the most funny movies ever made.

3- Elizabethtown-- This movie is just different, which is why I love it. It stayed away from the cliche "romantic" gestures that are in most chick flicks and really re-invented the whole idea of love. If someone made me a road trip like the one in this movie, my life would be complete.

2- Dan in Real Life-- Everything about this movie is awkward and yet refreshing at the same time. Steve Carrell is a genius.

1- The Goonies-- No matter what mood I am in I can always watch the Goonies. It is an action/adventure/comedy/romance/drama/extended cyndi lauper music video. Really all I have to say is "Hey You GUYS!"


Honorable Mentions that didn't quite make it: Italian Job, All the President's Men, Anne of Green Gables, Mulan, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Karate Kid, Heavyweights, August Rush, Cinderella Story, Babysitter's Club, Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Pride and Prejudice, She's the Man, 10 Things I Hate About You, Indiana Jones, and Back to the Future.

No comments: